First meeting of this year. Good to see everybody to hear what’s new from the Lion District Governor, Eric Holthaus.
Minutes of the DeForest Lions Club Membership Meeting
Date: September 12, 2016
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 6:32 pm by Lion President David G. The invocation was given by Lion Rolf.
GUESTS: Our guests this week were Trudy O., Dale O., and Terry O.
SPEAKER: Guest was Lion District Governor Eric Holthaus and his wife, Lion Laurie. Gov. Eric spoke of his theme for his governing year, which is “Back to the Future”, promoting the values of the 80’s to present times. Lion Gov. Eric mentioned that Lions are in 406 countries. The topic of the International Convention in Chicago was discussed, with a projected amount of 38,000 Lions from around the world to be attending.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Report was presented by Lion Secretary Bert. Motion to approve Lion Tony, 2nd Lion Nora, Approved
TREASURER’S REPORT: This month’s audit was presented by Lion Tony, motion to approve by Lion Marc, 2nd by Lion Jason, Approved
- 4TH OF JULY RAFFLE: Almost $10,000 was made from this event. A gift card of $100 was presented to Terry O. for all her hard work selling tickets. Thank you Terry!
- CORN SALES: Just under $1000 was made this year from the 3 weekends.
- GUN RAFFLE: Ticket sales are slow and the need to sell additional tickets are needed. We are at the break event point.
- STUFF THE BUS: Lion Tony mention that this first time event was a huge success, as we generated $3100 and half a trailer load of school supplies. Thank you Lion Deb for your leadership in making this event a success.
- LUMINARIAs: Lion Bert made a request to see if this fundraiser will be moving forward, as we provided $1700 to the Lions Foundation last year. No decision was made.
- HERITAGE DAYS: Being held at the Windsor Fireman’s Park, September 24th from 11AM – 10PM. Will be serving a combination beef/pork sandwich.
- DISTRICT BOWLING: will be held at Rudes Lanes Jan. 28th
- ROADSIDE CLEANUP: will be October 8th
- Membership: Bruce Hyke was inducted into our club. Welcome Lion Bruce
MEETING ADJOURNED: Motion to adjourn was 8:20 motion by Nora, 2nd by Tony APPROVED
Lion Bert F, Incoming Secretary